Within Whispir, you can build email messages in your Message studio (for quick sends) and in your Workflows (for automation). Your email builder works the same across Whispir, and the email components available are almost identical.
To start building your email, drag and drop components from your menu into the message builder.
Move components up and down in your email builder by holding down the left handle of your component and dragging it to where you would like it to sit.
Delete a component from your design by clicking the right handle (bin icon) of your component.
Components are functions or design elements that make up your email.
As you drop a component into your message builder, the component settings will replace the menu, where you can then customise your component (colour, padding etc). Close the settings at the top-right to return to your menu and add more components.
Email components available in Whispir:
- Button - embed a button to direct your audience to a new web page
- Image - add an image link to display an image in your email
- Text - add text to your email
- Banner - a banner can display an image behind some text
- Divider - divide your components with a line
- Footer - add an image, text, and multiple footer links
- Button Group - add multiple buttons for different actions
- Article Layout - split your section in two halves for text and/or images
(See our article on Whispir components for more information).
Using variables and web links
Wherever you can add text, you can also add variables to personalise your message, such as the recipient's first name. Click the purple pill icon to open the variables menu and select to add.
If your message is also using web page, you can link your email to your web page using the
For a full list of variables available in Whispir, see our article on Variables Overview.